ABOUT THE WEBSITE: Date of founding, leadership, public interest, fair play, independent/subsidiary of, news providers
The aim of this document is to list out the editorial policies that guide all journalists working for lifecarenews.in and do not relate in any manner whatsoever to the editorial policies and standards of any news channel operating under the lifecarenews.in umbrella. The document is a compilation of best practices and classification of content pieces that needs to be followed to uphold high standards of ethical journalism.
THE THREE PILLARS
RULES OF PRACTICE
- Accuracy: Authors and editors must confirm that content on the website is well-sourced and checked by reporters and/or copy editors for truthfulness and timeliness.
- Credibility: Articles should mention those who have worked on it: writer/reporter/contributor and editor.
- Credit: Writers/authors must not reproduce content from other sources without due attribution, wherever applicable.
- By-lines: An article is qualified to be by-lined only when the writer/journalist has worked substantially on the copy. Inputs from other sources should be acknowledged.
- Impartiality: Balanced news coverage sans bias should be the operating principle.
- Endorsements: Authors/writers must not endorse or promote through text, videos, or photographs any person or entity unless it is based on editor’s judgement on the value of the information to the user.
Accuracy over speed: We might be a minute late, but ensure we are accurate.
We acknowledge when we err: Inadvertent mistakes are promptly corrected and a footnote scripts amendment to the content, unless the alteration made is of the nature of spelling change, typo etc.
Content produced by us / wire service remains a part of a permanent digital archive on the web accessible to all. Content is not unpublished unless in exceptional circumstances where the existence of the content entails:
- Threat to national security
- Threat to safety of an individual/entity
- Violation of legal norms
- Breach of editorial guidelines
- Uncorrectable errors that absolutely warrant removal
TYPES OF WORK
- News piece: Based on facts, verified by reporters/editors.
- Analysis: By domain experts.
- Explainer: Break-down of complex issues into riveting and palatable content.
- Listicle: For a quick read while on the go.
- Exclusive: Coveted interviews/information that needs going beyond the mandate.
- Review: Critiques of events, arts, shows, movies, or books.
- Video: Stand-alone video content as well as value-addition to textual stories.
- Column: By experienced journalists and industry experts
- Fact Check: Debunking fake news and viral stories that need verification.
- Photo Gallery: Some stories are better told in pictures.
- Live Blog: Developing news updates on elections, speeches, Parliament sessions, cricket matches, Oscars and other big ticket events.
Last Update : 01-07-2021